I Was Scammed Online - Where Can I report It

Articles to Educate You About And Learn How to Avoid 419 Scams
User avatar
Secret Squirrel
Site Admin
Posts: 2579
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:09 pm

I Was Scammed Online - Where Can I report It


Unread post by Secret Squirrel » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:38 pm


If you are a resident of Australia you can report various forms of frauds and scams through the SCAMwatch website. SCAMwatch is run by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), and provides information to consumers and small businesses about how to recognise, avoid and report scams.


Residents of Belgium may use the eCops, an online reporting service to which the Internet user can report crimes committed on or through the Internet. eCops is an initiative from The Federal Computer Crime Unit of the Federal Judicial Police (FCCU) and The Federal Public Service Economy, SMEs, Self-employed and Energy.


If you are a resident of Canada, you can report an online fraud through the Canadian Anti-Fraud Call Centre (formerly Phonebusters). CAFC is jointly managed by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Ontario Provincial Police, and the Competition Bureau of Canada. In addition, you may report through the Reporting Economic Crime Online (RECOL) website, which is a partnership between International, Federal and Provincial Law Enforcement agencies.

Canadian Antifraud Center | http://www.recol.ca/

Your site for cross-border consumer complaints.
Approximately 30 member countries that may be able to help resolve international transactions gone wrong. Note: this is not for Romance scam victims.
The project has two components: a multilingual public website, and a government, password-protected website. The public site allows consumers to lodge cross-border complaints, and to try to resolve their complaints through means other than formal legal action. Using the Consumer Sentinel network (a database of consumer complaint data and other investigative information operated by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission), the incoming complaints are shared with participating consumer protection law enforcers.
Ivory Coast (Côte d'Ivoire)

If you believe you have been victimized by an Ivory Coast citizen, this is the place to report the incident.


The Police Cooperation Service is the cooperation between different countries and PLCC police force under investigation related to cybercrime beyond state borders.


Indian nationals are encouraged to report incidents to their dedicated Cyber Crime Cell in Mumbai. The Cyber Crime Investigation Cell of Mumbai Police was inaugurated on 18th December 2000 and it is functioning under the overall guidance of Jt. Commissioner of Police (Crime), Addl. Commissioner of Police (Crime) and Dy. Commissioner of Police (Preventive)


NATIONAL HELPLINE FOR QUESTIONS AND REPORTS ON FRAUD http://www.fraudehelpdesk.nl/ Fraud Helpdesk is there for all your questions and reports of fraud.

Have you received an email that you do not trust? Mail to: fake-email@fraudehelpdesk.nl . More info on how to report here : http://www.fraudehelpdesk.nl/vragen and here : http://www.fraudehelpdesk.nl/contact

South Africa

Scams that have a South African connection, or for residents of South Africa, the Services of the South African Police Service have a team where '419' (or Advance Fee Fraud) can be raised.
The Southern African Fraud Prevention Service
If you have been victim of such scams from South Africa, you should file a complaint with your local police with the request that it be forwarded to the South African Police Service, Cybercrime Division. This is their website: http://www.saps.gov.za/

You could also send a detailed complaint to the following address **
Reporting a 419 Scam (South Africa) ** 419scam@saps.gov.za
Information on how to file a complaint with the South African Police Service (SAPS): http://cybercrime.org.za/docs/Advisory_ ... l_2013.pdf

The cybercrime coordination unit has a web based form located here : https://www.cybercrime.admin.ch/kobik/e ... mular.html you can use to report cybercrime

United Kingdom

If you are a resident of the United Kingdom, you can report an online fraud to Action Fraud, the UK's national fraud reporting centre. Action Fraud is a partnership between National Fraud Intelligence Bureau, Attorney General's Office, City of London Police, Association of Chief Police Officers and the Home Office.

United States of America
If you are a resident of the United States of America, you can report having fallen victim to an online scam to the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). IC3 is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the National White Collar Crime Center and the Bureau of Justice Assistance. IC3 is able to receive, process and refer your report to the appropriate agency. Please read all the instructions provided on the website before submitting your complaint and ensure that you provice IC3 with as much information as possible.

The FTC may also be able to help in some instances. and you can also file a complaint with them.

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/fe ... money-back

Post Reply
Stop 419 Scams and Scammers : Disclaimer