Is the gold dealer on Linkedin legitimate?

Articles to Educate You About And Learn How to Avoid 419 Scams
The Inquisitor

Is the gold dealer on Linkedin legitimate?

Unread post by The Inquisitor » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:41 pm

This article was first published by Zengold. The website is a very good resource with many interesting articles on what to look out for in terms of identifying non-delivery scammers that perpetuate to be gold dealers:

"How do you tell if the gold post on Linkedin is real?

I've gone through on previous posts specifying why certain types of gold deals from sellers or offers from buyers just won't work, to help you narrow down the field. Today's post is to specifically hone in ways to ascertain if a specific buyer or seller on LinkedIn (not that these rules dont apply elsewhere) is the real deal and i'm sure I will follow up with other posts to assist you with your search.

If like me you get 50+ offers per day on LinkedIn, you get to see patterns, which i'm today going to try and help you see. This ISNT infallible, it is just a guideline.

So... you've received a message with an offer, first thing to do is click on the person who sent/posted it and look at their background.

Firstly, look at their name and photo. Is it a photo of a real person or a picture they are hiding behind? No photo is a big warning! This is the standard practice of a scammer who has multiple fake profiles. Avoid these ones at all costs, there is NO reason to hide who you are (and i'm pretty sure it's against LinkedIn rules. Also is it a real name, or again a pretend title or company with no registration behind it. You can google most companies and if they are real you'll get 100's of pages on them, their background and their dealings going back years. Ignore Facebook, Linkedin, TradeKey, Alibaba and similar references (free import/export directories) as obviously they have just posted this themselves. If there is a website do a quick whois lookup and find out how long the website has existed for (preferably a minimum of 5 to 10 years).

Thirdly their background history, what were they trained as, where, what have they been doing since, is it related?

Lastly, posts posts posts! Look at their comments to posts, look at what they've posted. This is a huge one and can give you an indication of how long their profile has existed (or if its a new scam shell) and if this is just a repeat scam they've posted every week for the last several months. Lots of clues to be gleaned here!

Its a non-exhaustive list AND only a guide but I hope it helps you on your journey. Trust is key, so find someone who you'd be happy to do business with, not someone who's constantly setting your teeth on edge with worry. Good luck!"

Credit to the original article source. I fully recommend this website for any budding gold buyers reading this - https://zengold.com/real-gold-dealers-on-linkedin/

Stop 419 Scams and Scammers : Disclaimer