Test question............. WHAT NUMBER
Test answer................. 1234
AMOUNT............... $650
camair@playful.com

Scam link: https://www.ourairports.com/countries/C ... 150&max=50
Scam text/format:
blue and gold macaw scam
Anonymous flyer on Douala International Airport view thread | reply

offered free blue and gold macaw wife fell in love the birds name was tina and it was $190 for shipping numbers used "Telephone: 011237-9712-0061 CAMEROON AIRLINES Tel;(00237-97120061)Or(+237-97120061)." its a total fraud and i would like to thank everyone for there post you saved us alot of money and frustation:) thank you all alot

Scam link: http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/arc ... -p-15.html
Scam text/format:
Lipandkids
15 February 2009, 00:37
I have no idea how I came across them but it all started with I have a Macaw I can no longer care for. Here it is.
Hi Dear.
You have to sent the shipping fee of $180 to them Tina is there for two days now i don't want Tina to stay at the airport again today so do your best to sent airport her shipping fee so that she will be on it way today ok.I told you use this address to contact airport. camair@playful.com hoping to hear from you.
God bless
I sadly enough sent the $180 plus 9.46 MoneyGram fee. Than all of a sudden I got this from Doula International Airport.

DEAR CLIENT.

You will need to insure the life of the bird which will cost $650 for the documents to be processed before we will proceed with the shipment of this bird from Cameroon to your location using the next possible flight because we are going to have the bird here and it will be well taken cared of under our company detention and will be delivered to you today,if you get us the money on time.
NB>This insurance fee will be refunded to you by 95% as soon as the animal is home delivered to you by the delivery man of the company by cheque or cash respectively depending on your request.After you make the payment of the insurance fees do keep the Western Union receipt to show evidence to our insurance company that the animal's life was insured then you will be fully refunded your fund upon delivery.You will have to do the payments to the company's cashier using the following information.
- You can do the payment online www.westernunion.com or direct to western union store .Or Wal mart MoneyGram .
Receivers names........ CHINEDU SYLVESTER -(cashier)
City........................... AKWA
State.......................... DOUALA
Address..................... 128 D.I.A..C
Country..................... CAMEROON
Zip code..................... 00237
Test question............. WHAT NUMBER
Test answer................. 1234
AMOUNT............... $650

When you make the payments,get back to us with the details of the money transfer as soon as possible so that we can proceed with the insurance papers.
We are very sorry for the inconveniences and we hope you understand that an animal cannot be transported without a life insurance in any firm.And plus the officials at the airport here cannot allow the bird to go through without the insurance document.This insurance cover is however beneficial to our customers because the fee is refundable upon delivery and the cover goes for an additional two weeks.You have to note that we cannot transport an animal without a life insurance cover because in any accidents we will have to take responsibility in getting another bird for you.That has happened several times.We have been doing this for a long time and we have had many cases where we transport animals especially dogs and some of them get sick.So we have decided not to transport animals without a life insurance cover.Your bird will be on flight as soon as the insurance documents have been processed. Your bird will be transported and delivered to you safely and the delivery man of the company will be coming with the bird and the full insurance refund as the journey will obviously be a safe one and nothing will happen on the way.PLEASE CAN YOU CONFIRM YOUR DELIVERY DETAILS TO US SO THAT WE DO NOT HAVE THE BIRD DELIVER TO THE WRONG ADDRESS.
CAMEROON AIRLINES Tel;(00237)-97120061

I decided to Google the air port and see if it was a fraud or get a number that did not bring me to the mail box. I am so glad to find this place before I lost $650. I just told my daughter no Macaw is coming and she was sad but I did not lose more money to such scammers!:x

Stop 419 Scams and Scammers : Disclaimer