Celestine Numvi Fohngho

Secret Squirrel
Site Admin

Celestine Numvi Fohngho

Unread post by Secret Squirrel » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:19 am

27th April 2011 09:44 AM

Name of scammer: Celestine Numvi Fohngho

Scammer's known email addresses: cathyfohngho@yahoo.com, petsdeliverycargoo@scotlandmail.com

Scammer's known telephone numbers: 447053811703

Link: http://www.cybercrimeops.com/forums/sho ... hp?t=18662

Western Union / Moneygram information:
NAME: CELESTINE NUMVI FOHNGHO
TOWN: DOUALA
PROVINCE: LITTORAL
ADDRESS: 24 AVEN AKWA PALACE
ZIP CODE: 00237

Link to real ID: http://www.lukmefcameroon.org/developme ... ates_4.htm
Real ID info: 914 CELESTINE NUMVI FOHNGHO M

Scam link : http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/sho ... 58&page=10
Scam text/format: 17 December 2007, 22:42
Pookie_B

Timezone: GMT
Languages:
Cameroon con-merchants strike again!
I believe i have also been in contact with one of the Cameroon Pet Scammers.

My Fiance and I began searching for a puppy to buy/adopt the other day, so i just keyed "Puppy/Puppies for Sale" into the UK version of Google, and up came a list of possible sites with listings of pups available, supposedly in the UK.
I chose to enter the Derby pages of Gumtree.com at www.derby.gumtree.com , as it had local listings supposedly situated in my area, and there i found an advert offering some 'Maltese Puppies for adoption for Xmas' or something similar. I only wish i could find the ad again on Gumtree, but it seems to have disappeared unless im not looking properly! The ad was #17238288.
Anyway, the ad was a little vague, but i answered via the email address given and stated that i was interested and how much would one puppy cost me... also i asked about where she was so i could pick her up, (presuming that she would be based in Derby, or at least in England!).
This is the first email i received back about the puppies, from a Cathy Fohngo using email address cathyfohngho@yahoo.com :-
Hi,
It was very nice reading from you in regards of the puppies, our puppies have had their Shots, and They Have also had front-line for flea. They have been raised
Around children , dogs and Cats. They are expected to get up to 3.8pounds-4.4pounds and are 12 weeks old presently 3pounds, KC register .They are going to come along with the Following: Plane Ticket, Pet Taxi, and Food/Water Dish
Combo, Puppy Food, Official Health Certificate and Delivery to your doorstep with Special pets Delivery van.The puppies are ready now.
I will like to know where you are based at, are you interested in my Maltese. What sex do you want? I do ask 200pounds for each of my puppies,Get back to me so that I can provide you with more information.my number is 07024095940 you can call me for us to talk more on how the delivery will work.Thanks
After my reply to this mail, stating my full address and asking her where she is based, how transport will work etc, i received this next message from the same email address:-
Hi xxxx,
Thanks for the mail and all the information.i am just getting up from Bed and i saw your email with all the information so i was so happy to hear from you that you are going to give this puppy her best for ever home.as i said on my last email i will be leaving the country that is why i need to get rid of the puppy as soon as possible so that they can meet their new Family and i can know for sure that she is very very okay with her new Family and i will be very very happy.so i just want to let you know that at around 8am this morning i will be taking the puppy to the delivery agency office along site with all your information and drop the puppy off there and the delivery agency is going to contact you and let you know every thing on how you will be paying them the £200 for the delivery and on how the will deliver the puppy to you.i will want you to try and be home all day,but if that is not possible then make sure some one must be at home.so i will want you to give me a call on 07024095940 when you get up from Bed so lets talk over the phone before i drop off the puppy at their Agency.Thanks and waiting for your call.My Regards To Your Husband.
And then this VERY suspicious email arrived, supposedly from the Pet Transportation Company she had mentioned, (bearing in mind i still believed the Maltese Puppies to be in England somewhere, as i'd not been told otherwise, even though i asked 'Cathy Fohngo where the puppy was travelling from!). Anyway, the following message came from a 'Pets Delivery Cargoo Dundee' (whatever Cargoo is!) and from the email address petsdeliverycargoo@scotlandmail.com:-

DEAR CLIENT,

WE HAVE AN INFORMATION HERE AT THE PET DELIVERY CARGOO ABOUT ONE MALTESE PUPPY FROM MISS CATHY TO BE TRANSPORTED AND DELIVERED TO YOU.USING THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS;

COUNTRY..........ENGLAND
CITY........Derbyshire, XXXXXXX
NAMES...........XXXXXX
HOUSE ADDRESS.....XXXXXXXX
Phone Number........XXXXXXX

THIS PUPPY WILL COME WITH ALL NECESSARY PAPERS NEEDED,BUT AS THE DUNDEE VETERINARIANS MUST CONDUCT ANOTHER TESTS TO BE SURE OF ITS HEALTH,SO IT WAS DONE AND ALL WAS FINE,THIS PUPPY IS NOW READY FOR SHIPMENT.BUT IT SHOULD BE NOTED THAT THIS SHIPMENT CANNOT BE CARRIED OUT UNLESS THE FEE FOR THE SHIPMENT OF (£200 ) IS PAID FOR THE SHIPMENT OF THIS PUPPY, WHICH WILL COME ALONGSIDE ONE OF OUR PETS CARRIER.THIS PAYMENT IS TO BE DONE TO THE HEADQUARTER OF THE COMPANY WHICH IS IN CAMEROON ,WHICH IS THE HEAD QUARTERS OF THE ANIMAL MOVING SERVICE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING CARE OF THE PUPPY DURING THE JOURNEY AND THE HOME DELIVERY OF THIS PUPPY TO THE ADDRESS WHICH YOU GAVE THE SELLER.YOU ARE REQUESTED TO PAY THE TOTAL FUND VIA WAL - MART MONEYGRAM AS WE HAVE THIS UNIT IN THE AIRPORT RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH TRANSACTIONS, TO OUR DIRECTOR OF ANIMAL MOVING SERVICES CAMEROON USING THIS ADDRESS;

NAME: CELESTINE NUMVI FOHNGHO
TOWN: DOUALA
PROVINCE: LITTORAL
ADDRESS: 24 AVEN AKWA PALACE
ZIP CODE: 00237

NB: WHEN YOU ARE PAYING THIS FEE,YOU WILL NEED A TEST QUESTION.MAKE IT TO BE.

TEST QUESTION: HELLO
ANSWER: HI

THIS PAYMENT SHOULD BE MADE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,SO AS TO SHIP THIS PUPPY EARLY ENOUGH.IF THIS FEE IS NOT PROVIDED,THIS PUPPY WILL NOT BE DISPATCHED FROM THE DETENTION OF THE COMPANY AND WILL SPEND MORE FOR THE DAILY FEEDING UNTILL THE DIRECTOR CONFIRMS THE PAYMENT OF THE £200 SO KINDLY EMAIL US IMMEDIATELLY AS THE PAYMENT IS MADE WITH THE FULL MONEY TRANSFER DETAILS IMMEDIATELY YOU MAKE YOUR PAYMENTS.IF THE MONEY IS NOT PAID ON TIME THE DELIVERY WILL BE CHANGED.

GENERAL MANAGER
HENRY CLEMENTEAU
STAY TO ENJOY THE SERVICES PET DELIVERY CARGO DUNDEE BRANCH
SECRETARY
MR.. AJONG VALENTINE

CUSTOMER SERVICE
CARGO DEPARTMENT,
PET DELIVERY CARGOO
TEL.07053811703
UK.
The 'business' heading of the above email was a rather amateur-ish looking affair with the name SHERPA in large letters, (proudly stating "Sherpa Since 1989 Celebrating 15 years of keeping you and your pet together The leader in style, safety and comfort for the pet-on-the-go").
I cannot find anything matching any of the names given for a Pet Transportation company in Dundee, Cameroon, or for that matter, anywhere!
Also, i have just noticed a very difficult to decipher, quickly rotating computer graphic of the words " AirCargo.com " below the company heading of " Sherpa " ..... the website www.aircargo.com does exist, but it appears to be a site for News, Articles and Features about Shipping and Logistics ! Is this site connected in any way to the scammers do you think, or have they fraudulently used that website for their fake documents do you think?

I'm rather relieved my alarm-bells started ringing regarding this matter, as the details didnt add up in my opinion, and i'm glad to say no money has changed hands.... but i'm very worried that other people may not be so lucky and might lose money by trusting this advert to be genuine (i must say, i have no actual proof that it is definitely a scam, but it seems very fishy to me.... would you agree that this ad may well be fraudulent?).

Also, did you notice that the name given on the document from the supposed delivery agency didnt match the name the woman gave me? She said her name was Cathy Fohngo, but the name that appeared on the last message was Celestine Fhongo ....... so i replied to the initial advertisers address a last time with this short message:-
Quote:
Hello again Cathy, or is it Celestine??,

I'm very sorry, but i wasnt made aware that the 'puppy' was not in the U.K. We can only buy a pet from the UK....
Also, i'm afraid that all the whole thing seems very dodgy to me, and we certainly cannot afford to lose £200, so i'm sorry but we will be unable to send our money all the way to Cameroon, and we will not be sending the money to you, because the whole thoing does not feel right to us.
I'm sorry/..... we can not risk losing our money in this strange situation.
I hope you and your family are well,
Goodbye,
Marie.
This is the response i received back!:-
hello ,wel, i really dont understand what you are talking, and its seems like the baby havent reach you yet. look am not celestine but cathy. so i do not know what you are driving to.are you trying to tell me that my puppy is still at the delivery agency?to be rest assured, please if you can help me by sending the a copy of what they sent to you,then i will appreciate it so i can take it to them tomorrow morning, and collect my baby home.
but if can quite remember i told you that am not in derby and we all arange for the baby to be shipped over to you not so? then why is this sounding stupid now?please just send over to me the mail that the delivery people sent to you so i can go with it along site with my lawyer and collect my baby.
thanks
I hope this information is helpful ..... do you think i was right to be suspicious?

Stop 419 Scams and Scammers : Disclaimer