AMOUNT: 150 POUNDS.

Scam link: http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/sho ... #post43432
Scam text/format: 7 January 2008, 11:00
NW444

Timezone: GMT
Languages:
Cameroon Bulldog for Adoption Scam
Hi,

I almost got scammed but luckily when I was asked to send money via Western Union I did an internet search and found out all this info in time.... thank you so much for sharing your stories.

I will post all the details sent to me but as usual it was the same story as the rest. I live in Ireland, the guy told me that he lived in London and was giving his bulldog for adoption because he worked long hours and couldnt take care of her. He pleaded with me to take her quickly because his job was in jeopardy as he was getting distracted caring for the dog and finding her a new home.

It seemed suspicious from the beginning but the possibility of getting A BULLDOG FOR FREE kept my interest (as they know it will). The emails went back and forth with wonderfully imaginative descriptions of this fictious dog and her personality ha ha (i can laugh now) and how desperate he was to find her a new home.

When I asked about how to pick her up from London as I have friends there, he had conveniently travelled to Cameroon for work. He also told me he worked for "The Wall Street", and lived in London which I found odd to say the least. He also said 'I am a worker, you don't have to worry', which doesnt sound like something said by a business man who worked on Wall Street!!

His english was ok but obviously not the standard of someone living and working in London.

He then asked for the transportation costs of 200 GBP, which I said I couldnt afford, he then lowered the price to 150 GBP and said he would pay the rest because he needed me to take her asap. He keep repeating... "as soon you send the money you will get the dog". he said the dog would arrive in 7 hours from Cameroon to Belfast!! Also he said the quarantine was only 1 hour which I thought was laughable as a dog coming from Africa to Ireland would normally be in quarantine for about 6 months I'm told. Below are the details of the Western Union account he asked me to send the funds too and also his details. I hope this will help someone out there.

I saw the ad on Uk Mercattel website where I think there are several Scam ads so beware. If you cant go to meet the dog before you buy it, its a scam. No reputable breeder/owner would expect someone to take on a pedigree dog, especially a puppy, without seeing it and often the parents, first. and they would never be for free!!!

PLEASE BEWARE: A BULLDOG OR ANY EXPENSIVE PEDIGREE DOG WILL NEVER BE GIVEN AWAY FOR FREE!!!! I think the going rate for a bulldog right now is around 2000 GBP, would you give away 2000 GBP???

I almost got caught out, dont do the same as me!!!

Delivery Agency Details:

JET PET DELIVERY AGENCY,
FAKO SAMSO BUILDING,
STREET 2, GREAT SOPPO,
BUEA
SOUTH WEST PROVINCE,
CAMEROON.
TEL. NUMBER:+237 94 39 20 02.
E-MAIL ADDRESS; jetpet_delivery@yahoo.com

Scammer Details:
Egoitzer Francine <egoitzer@outgun.com>
telephone number +237 74 79 82 84

If there are any updates ill keep you posted. But as soon as I said I couldnt send the funds via Western Union to Cameroon because of increased fraud, I have heard nothing since.

Stop 419 Scams and Scammers : Disclaimer