21st August 2011 04:41 AM

Name of scammer: Fru Lewis Nji

Scammer's known aliases: idealpetflight.com

Scammer's known email addresses: reginapowell1958@gmail.com

Link: http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/arc ... 3-p-2.html

Western Union / Moneygram information:
Spooky Horse
7 June 2009, 02:24
This is my first time posting to a forum, so I hope this goes okay. I just found this site and joined just to provide more info on the idealpetflight.com fraud. Their website is pretty much taken word for word from the website for Airborne Animals, LLC.

This is what I received in an email from customer service in order to send money.

NAME............................Fru lewis nji
ADDRESS.......................23 ST Mermoz Palace
CITY.............................DOUALA
POSTAL CODE................00237
COUNTRY......................CAMEROON
TEST QUESTION.............TO WHOM
ANSWER........................Lewis

BRANCH DIRECTOR
FISHOW VAN PERSI

FLIGHT DIRECTOR
FRU LEWIS NJI

seller:
Regina Powell
reginapowell1958@gmail.com

I found the fraudulent ad on a respectable horse site that I've used before with no problems (equinehits.com) in the Friesian horse ads. I had done an advanced search so I did not see the multiple ads for the horse. If I had seen that I would've known it was a scam right away.

I went back and browsed through the ads when I knew I'd been scammed and the horse was listed for sale in 9 states. And there are several other Friesian horses for sale in multiple states. I've sent an email to Equine Hits to let them know about this and hopefully they will do something and remove the ads.

My horse I'd had for 14 years passed suddenly late last year so I just this week started looking for one to take her spot and contacted the seller. She was very enthusiastic about the horse and gave him a lot of praise, but we all like to do that in the horse world. She even knew the terminology. She sent pictures and even questioned me the way I would to someone I didn't know but wanted to be sure they knew what they were doing, so I really thought she was the real deal.

I know she played on my emotions and I should've been more cautious, but I just couldn't step back from the excitement that comes with a new horse to love. I've always gotten horses locally, so I was in way over my head with dealing in transport. The seller seemed genuine and set up the transport service.

First came the reservation deposit, then the insurance because the horse couldn't fly without it. (They give you a certificate which lists a real insurance company, VPI Pet Insurance, as who is insuring the horse. I called VPI Pet Insurance and they said they'd never heard of Ideal Pet Movers and that they did not insure horses.)

I'd been in contact with customer service, who assured me the horse was doing well and they were hand-walking him everyday. The day they received my insurance money they called me at work and said the horse wasn't doing too well and they wanted to give him shots to make him strong for the trip. When I got home there was the insurance certificate in my Inbox and also this email message:

DEAR CLIENT,
THE DOCTORS FINISHED THE CHECK ON THE HORSE AND BELOW ARE THE RESULTS OF THE TEST THAT WERE CONDUCTED ON YOUR HORSE AND THE VET RECOMMENDATIONS, BEFORE THE HORSE CAN BE APPROVED TO CONTINUE .THIS VACCINES ARE NEEDED BEFORE THE HORSE CAN BE STRONG AND ACTIVE AND ALSO APPROVED

TEST CONDUCTED RESULTS VET RECOMMENDATION

RABIES.........................-VE.............................NO VACCINE NEEDED
TETANUS......................-VE.............................NO VACCINES NEEDED
STRANGLES...................-VE.............................NO VACCINES NEEDED
INFLUENZA....................-VE.............................NO VACCINES NEEDED
CANINE DISTEMPER.........+VE...........................VA CCINE NEEDED
PARASITE......................+VE................. .......... ..VACCINE NEEDED
ENCEPHALOMYELITIS .......+VE..............................VACCINES NEEDED
RHINOPNEUMONITIS..........+VE..................... .........V ACCINES NEEDED
POTOMAC.........................+VE............... .......... ...VACCINES NEEDED

CANINE DISTEMPER for a horse---absolutley not. Also, sometimes vaccines can cause colic or swelling or abscesses so if a horse is all ready sick you don't just shoot them up with tons of vaccines, you diagnose and then treat the illness. They refused to transfer me to their vet and refused to actually tell me a diagnosis.

The two most likely causes of sickness would be colic or laminitis (foundering), and none of these listed are used to treat either of those. So, I hope there aren't non-horse people out there sending more money because they don't know this. So by the time I was done going over this list and arguing with customer service, I knew they couldn't be for real. Then I called my equine vet and discussed the email with her and she said I was being scammed.

I then sent an email to the seller telling her I don't buy sick horses and she wrote back that I'd made her depressed and sad and that she would pay for vaccines. I told her again that I didn't want the horse and that I would be filing a crime report with the authorities. She hasn't responded so I hope she's done bothering me.

Stop 419 Scams and Scammers : Disclaimer